A Heritage Built on Personal Service.
In 1976, Kenneth L. Roberson founded the Roberson Funeral Home in Port Charlotte. The Roberson tradition of caring spans over thirty years and two generations, from Kenneth L. Roberson to his son, James Clay Roberson who joined the firm in 1992.
Throughout the years, the family has added innovative services and options to help families through the death of a loved one:
- The Pre-Need Division of Roberson Funeral Home was established in 1978, to help people shield their loved ones from the burden of making difficult decisions at a stressful time
- An on-site crematory was added in 1982 to assure families that their loved ones would be treated with respect and dignity by a family they know and trust
- The Trust 100 Program was introduced in 1983 to help families protect their loved ones from unexpected expenses when death occurs
- Roberson Funeral Home & Crematory became affiliated with Restlawn Memorial Gardens in Port Charlotte in 1986, enabling families greater commemorative choices to honor their loved ones
- A second location, the Punta Gorda Chapel was established in 1991 to service families of Charlotte County south of the Peace River.
Today, the Robersons continually look for ways to further enhance the meaning and value of the services they provide.
As members of Selected Independent Funeral Homes - an invitation-only association for funeral homes that maintain the highest levels of professional conduct and service, the Roberson family and staff also adhere to the “Code of Good Funeral Practice,” to assure that all families are treated according to the highest ethical principles.